Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Michael Landon? In costa rica??




Graffitti is so weird. (see above picture). I found this in what used to be a restaurant when I went to Naranjo to visit my host family from last year. I highly doubt the actual Michael landon wrote that, and why would anyone want to write that for him? Strrrange.

In other news, the students are here, and they are doing great! So far, so good! They all seem super tranquilos, and really nice too! I am excited about getting to know them a little more, it should be great! On the 11 of Sept we head to Limon, on the Caribbean coast, so that should provide us with a little more group bonding, which im psyched for! =)

So since the students arrived last tuesday night (1 week ago, whoa!) things have been non stop insanity around this place. Wednesday we had orientation all day, then Thursday we had to meet in downtown San Jose so the students could go around and explore the city, then Friday we were in LASP all day until 420, and then I left right away to head to Naranjo to hang out with the host family again, and was with them all weekend! So needless to say, after I had dinner last night with Trevor & Laura (the couple I work with) I came home and was OUT. It was the best Ive slept the whole time Ive been here, which was great! (Perhaps it was the wine...haha).

The Naranjo trip was great this weekend, though things were still a little awkward with Andres. But, I just mentally decided that someone had to get over it, and that someone might as well be me. Haha. So I just acted normal, like I always had before, and I think that made a big difference. Basically I just get the vibe that we are both unsure of what to do in this situation, so any prayer about clarity would be much appreciated. I told him this past week how I feel, and so basically the ball is in his court. We will see what happens, I am in constant prayer for a new heart and new eyes to see my place in Gods love story for Gods world. Theres always something new to learn in life, yea? =)

Well I hope that all is well with you all, thanks again for reading and keeping up on the life and times of Laura. =) I miss fall, I cant believe for 2 years I have not experienced fall or the Fulton Co. Fair. So make sure to watch a football game, wrap up in a cozy sweatshirt, play in some leaves, and eat a funnel cake and drink and milkshake for me. =) Love you all!
Paz y amor.

3 comments:

  1. I wore a hoodie last night. And thought of you. I miss you roomie. OSU football starts on Saturday and Chris is taking me to the Illinois game on Sept. 26. I'll keep you posted on all things Putnam Co. :) Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was Your Birthday Yesterday


    Jeanne Rupp

    ReplyDelete