Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ya llegue a costa rica!!!

Here I find myself once again the land of PURA VIDA! I am so excited to be back in CR, though of course it was insanely hard to leave home and my family and friends. I am going to miss you all SO MUCH, but like my mom told me on the day I left, its easier because I know Im following Gods call.
So far, everything is GREAT here! When I arrived on Friday, my co worker Laura picked me up at the airport, and we talked the whole way to the office. It was great to see all the professors again, and to know that I will get to know them on such a different level this time around! Im very excited. Then I settled a bit into my OFFICE (with a window, ooo) =) Haha which Ill post some pics of later.
Then they took me to my host familys home, which is just about 10 minute drive up the hill, and it is so pretty! They used to run a restaurant out of their home, and it is so beautiful here! The view is insane (which ill post pictures of later) and they are the sweetest people! My host dads name is Oto, and he teaches at a sort of vocational school. My host mom, Beatrice, is an awesome cook. I will not be going hungry! Then my host sister Maria Fernanda is 18 years old, and is studying in her first year of medical school! They are all super nice. Yesterday, because it was Mothers Day in Costa Rica, we went ALL over and visited family! Awesome, but needless to say, a bit tiring for me! =) We went to Santa Ana to visit la familia de Beatriz, and stayed there for a few hours (we even ate KFC for lunch, totally made me think of home!) and then in the afternoon-evening we went just down the road from my house to Otos parents house, where his huge family all gathered for some cafecito and lots of laughter! All in all, it was a great time!!
Now today is sunday, and my family doesnt really go to church. So, i think I might have to do a little searching, and see where I can go on Sundays, because I think i will miss it way too much not to do anything for 10 months! This morning I just decided I would read from Psalms, to focus on praising and just on God this morning. It was really good, and I think ill probably read the same ones again tonight, just to get them in my head. I like having this time set apart to really get more into the word. This next weekend im thinking about visiting my host family and friends in Naranjo, and ill definitely go to church there! So well see what happens. =)
Tomorrow is my first day of work, so im glad i have today to just sort of chill and relax, update you all on facebook (we do have internet in my house, so im on my sisters laptop right now), and just spend some time. My sister is actually gone right now, because shes taking lessons to get her drivers license! Crazy crazy! And my host dad is actually at work all day, pobrecito! So its just me and my host mom, whos doing some laundry and cooking something that smells AH mazing. shoot. im going to have to find some way to work out around here. =)
well, i suppose this is all for today. as soon as i finish decorating the office, and i upload some pics from the house, ill be sure to send it all your way. =) i miss you all soooo much, and thanks for taking the time to read my wandering thoughts. =) muuucho amor y muuuuchos abrazos y besitos!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment