Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Costa Rican Christmas, and a Tico New Year!

Holy Moses, my apologies for not having written in another month! I need to keep up on this somehow! :)
So my family came down to visit for Christmas!!! Talk about wonderful! :) We had a great time laying by the pool at the rental house, driving to some pretty beaches, seeing Poas Volcano, and just being together and enjoying the holiday! A lot happened, so you can check out the facebook pics if you want to get caught up on the Freaky Freydays.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015079&id=13790009&l=7c43defb6b
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015101&id=137900097&l=52b347f387

Then I spent my first Costa Rican New Year with my old host family from Naranjo. It was so great to just chill out for a few days. I headed out on the 30th and stayed until the 3rd, because work started up again the 4th. Bleh. ;) Haha no, it's not bad, I really am enjoying it! But anyway, on the 31st we didn't do anything all day, then in the evening we made carne asada and then headed up the hill to the church to watch fireworks shoot off all over the central valley at midnight! It was so awesome, minus that I had no one to kiss ;) Haha Just kidding, I didn't even think about that!
On the first we slept in (sooo wonderful!) and then headed to a river in the middle of a coffee farm to just hang out and swim. We went with another family from the church, so that was really neat to share time with them! :) I'll hopefully get some pictures from my host sister soon and post them on here. Then on the 2nd, my host sister Yorleny and I headed to the public pool with our friends Luis and Andrea, which was so fun and relaxing! We just spent time swimming, talking about nothing, and laughing, which was great! :) And then Sunday was church, and back to San Jose as usual! So it was a relaxing new year, though I still have a hard time realizing the year has changed when I didn't do anything "normal" around Christmas or New Year's this year. But normality is overrated, right? :) Haha. This was a grrreat christmas and new years! :)
Who knows what 2010 has to hold in store? :) I will admit I didn't make any resolutions until a few days ago, when I decided that something I want to change about myself is to say what I think, what I mean, what I feel, and what's important to me. There have always been so many times when I hold back, and I don't want to do that anymore. I want to live fully in myself! That's my resolution. What are yours? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment