Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Men, you can't live with 'em, and you can't live with 'em....

Okay, disclaimer for anyone reading this post. My apologies for the title, but it just fits. :) I'm not one of those women who likes to go around bashing or belittling men, but I just needed to say it to get out some frustration. Thanks to Julie, who I worked with at Weeping Willow, for the quote..:)
So a few weeks ago I headed out to good ol' Naranjo for a great weekend. On Saturday, a group of the jovenes (aka "youth" (anyone 12 + who isn't married. basically) went on a hike to El Cero (mountain top). When I say hike, what I mean is an hour and a half walk through cafetales (coffee fields) on paths. Uphill. Sweating. in the sun. and it was GLORIOUS! :) I had such a great time! (((for pictures, click on the title, it's a link to one of my facebook albums...)))
But anyway, I can see you asking, how does this relate to the title? Well, if you read through ANY of my blogs, including the one from last year when I was in CR as a student, you'll learn about Andres. Who now has a girlfriend. And I thought we were all hunky-dory, until Saturday. When he started flirting with me. And I got confused. REALLy confused. He even sang a song to me that day. Yeah. Seriously.
So the impression I have gotten, after a few short conversations after Saturday, is that really he just wants me to like him, even while he has a girlfriend. Now, maybe that's not the entire truth, I also get the feeling that he is extremely confused about what he wants (as am I, now, thanks to him). :) But...if you really want something, wouldn't you GO for it? I mean, personally, I want someone that KNOWS they want me. The end. :) I want to know I want to be with someone, and I know it isn't that simple, it isn't black and white. But. Some things you should just know.
So that's my rant for the day on men. Well, one man in particular. The rest of you are off the hook for today. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I love you Freydal. I wish you would come over to our room and lay on the floor and just chill with us. and leave those creepy hand prints under the futon.

    You are in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Friendies! :)
    Anna, I would love to come leave handprints on your carpet again. good times, good times. :) you are in my heart too! i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this was a weird little international moment. I rarely get around to reading blogs, but I had checked in on Anna's blog and then on yours, Laura--and now I see a conversation between the two of you, in South Africa and Costa Rica. It's good to hear from you both, though I'm of course offended at your title!

    ReplyDelete