Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Totally Tuesday

Well, the students will officially be back here in San Jose TOMORROW! And then begins the insanity of running around (and heading to CUBA!) until they all return to the states on the 8th of December. Whew. How crazy that the whole semester is almost over! Every time I think about it, my mind spins a little. 3 months have gone by like 3 minutes. literally. So I'm sad to think about saying goodbye to them, but excited for the possibilities of the coming year. :)
It's hard not to miss home, with Thanksgiving on Thursday and all, but I am excited to celebrate here with the staff at Laura & Trevor's and to celebrate even more with a trip to Cuba. :) And then my family will be here on the 17th of December, which makes me REALLY happy! Basically right now I just want to listen to Christmas music, make cookies (or maybe just eat them ;) ) and watch ELF. Because, that's Christmas, combined of course with family and friends, who I miss like crazy! But I am having such a wonderful experience here that I wouldn't trade it for the world!! Or for cozy slippers and hot chocolate on a cold winter night. Nope. This holiday season will definitely be different, but that's nothing negative. I'm smiling at the thought of new experiences for this month of celebration. :) Thanks God for that chance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment