Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sleeping In...

So there's this song I love by Nevertheless called "Sleeping In"... Here's the part that strikes me:

"I've been sleeping in for days, Cause when I am awake, I will have to face my life. And I get carried away like I'm the only one, Who's ever felt the way that I do. But I can hear you say you're not the only one, everybody hopes to get through."


Sometimes, I love sleeping in. Okay, a lot of times I love it. But sometimes I really do feel like I'm sleeping in because I'm trying to avoid it. Life. Change. Hurt. Love. Loss. all the good and all the bad things of life. Why? I don't know, honestly. It's a scary thing, living! There are days (most days) when I feel good and loved and trustful of all things God has coming my way. Yet, there are those days when I want to eternally hit the alarm clock, in my dream world where nothing really changes, where I don't have to move on, where people I love aren't left somewhere behind me. The beauty in life is the fact that it changes, and I know I can't see how beautiful things are without sometimes having to walk through the rain to get there. But there are those days, those times, when I lose some trust in life, in myself, and yes, even in God. I've gotta admit it, I've got to be true. It hurts me to feel that way on those days. I mean, how can I doubt the One who loves me more than I can ever even fathom? How can I doubt the love of the cross?

I know I shouldn't overly beat myself up for feeling this way. Like the song says, "you're not the only one, everybody hopes to get through." I do hope to get through, and I do believe deep down that I will get through. Today is just one of those days where, for some reason, I start to doubt what I can do through Christ's power and love. I can do ANY THING through Christ who gives me strength. (Phil. 4:13) Why do I forget how much I've already done, how far Christ has already brought me? Just one of those days when I need to remind myself of how loved, how blessed, and how powerful Christ can be within me if I ask Him to come in and take my life....

Whew, I can't think about it all anymore..so until la proxima vez. Amor y Paz....

No comments:

Post a Comment