Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I may be the official worst blog updater ever...:)

So I just looked over my last post and realized it has been almost TWO MONTHS since my last update! Sheesh! And a lot has happened! :) Namely....
1) end of February = Nicaragua trip. Wonderful. Full of dust. Lots of kickball playing. Lovely family, with host brothers for the first time! It was great.
2) Time with host family in Naranjo = great as always!!
3) March 15-25 Second trip to CUBA!! Which really you basically could just read my post from the last Cuba trip and it's not extremely different, although this trip focused more on art and other facets of Cuban culture. Probably just easier for you to check out the foto albums on Facebook than to try and explain it all on here. :) Haha here are the links:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015912&id=137900097&l=377f11035a
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015931&id=137900097&l=b1d79be0f1

4) Now I suppose I can go into a little more detail. :) Haha. For semana santa vacay (April 1-5) and this past weekend I went out to Naranjo, which was great to spend time with everyone and relax! :) I stayed with a different family this past weekend, because my host family was not around for friday night-saturday. It was so wonderful to get a peek into another family's life, and I loved hanging out with my host sister (a girl from the program my semester lived with them, so that's how I got in ;) Haha) and the host dad is just a riot, so it was a great time! :) Saturday night all the "adult young people" haha went to get pizza and just hung out, which was fun because we haven't done anything like that in FOREVER! :) And then Sunday was church, then a friend invited me to her house for lunch, then we went to a christian program/concert, then that night we threw a surprise party for one of the youth who had his 15th birthday! :) It was basically just a wonderful weekend full of fellowship and much needed and missed time with friends!! :)

5) El futuro. The future. Yipes. Well it's coming, that's for sure! I've basically got a month left here in Costa Rica (haven't bought the plane ticket yet. haha). And I'm not sure how I feel about leaving. I am SO EXCITED to see family and friends again after so so so long (Wednesday the 14th I complete NINE MONTHS HERE! ahhh!!) that is for sure, no question! :) But it's hard to think about going and not knowing when I"m coming back. Whew. Tough stuff. Part of me wants to come back here and work, because I just feel so good and at home here, and then part of me wants to move to another adventure. I don't know. Bleh. :) But here are the random options floating in the air waiting to become concrete or passed over....just for an update. :) And in no particular order of preference. :)
a) Stay in Costa Rica and teach English.
b) Volunteer with MVS in La Jara, Colorado most likely at a place called the Immigrant Resource Center teaching ESL, as well as doing some office work.
c) If I am offered the job, working as a program assistant at the Washington Office on Latin America in WAshington DC. I just found out today that of the 150 applicants I am in the top 20. Whoa.
d) Waiting to hear from the Lutheran Volunteer Corps about possible opportunities.
e) Waiting to hear from Olney Friends School in southeast ohio, where I would be a Spanish teacher/dorm faculty and love it. check it out if you're interested (just google it).
f) Be an aupair (nanny) for a year with a family from Istanbul, Turkey who is very interested in me.

So. Whoa. Those are the future possibilities of The Frey. What will happen? Who knows. Only God. What do I want to do the most? I really have no idea. I' m making a pro/con list and the plan is if I can't decide, Laura (who I work with) and I are going to sit down and pull the choice out of a hat. That way we'll see what my gut most wants. :) Haha.

So anyways, I hope this update finds you all good and well, I can't wait to hear from you all about how life is going, where it's moving, what's new and what's old news since the last time I've updated. I want to say thanks again as always for being such faithful friends to me!! :) I miss you all so much and am pumped for the summer of reunions!!!! :) Much love everyone!!
les amo!!! :) paz.
Laurita

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Laura, you certainly have a lot of options and none of them are wrong which makes it even harder to know what God's will is for your life. Prayers for you as you decide.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete